Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dissolution

Sometimes I sit and close my eyes and withdraw from everything around me. It sounds selfish and self centered but most of the time, the more I withdraw, the more I open up to everything else.
 The more I withdraw, the more I cease to exist and the more I feel a part of everything. Every little cell of my being becomes open something I don't understand and it fills the very substance of what makes me. And when I open my eyes, it becomes very difficult to not fall in love with the world. Slowly this feeling fades but I always remain hopeful that someday that feeling will become a permanent part of me. 
That some day I will be hopelessly lost and drenched in that pervading essence that I experience. 

Dissolution

Every atom of my being is open,
To your tenderness and dispassion.
To your silences eloquent, open
And to your words spoken

That which is me,
Obscure and Darkened.
To be born at your wheel
Waiting; Misshapen 

In your hands
Molten
To your resolve
Hardened.

And then I'm broken
Like un-fired clay
Reshaped, reborn 
And woken

And still
To your grace open
For you grateful and hoping

--Megha (16th March 2013)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful poem and one which captures the essence of the heart. As for sitting with your eyes closed and withdrawing from everything..I tend to do that too. I find it gives an opportunity to 'centre oneself' and allows for all those stray thoughts to be organised and to achieve clarity of mind.
You have a wonderful blog here, I’m glad that I discovered it.
Have a great weekend.
Take care, God bless and be well.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I appreciate your comments and kind words. I'm not a prolific writer.. But I'm glad you like what little I have here.