Sunday, November 18, 2012

Precious Moments


Maybe it's just me but Life has a way of flying by even as I take a moment to inhale the wafting scent of jasmine or absorb the twinkling smile of a child. Even as I live in each moment, Time seems ruthless. But I suppose that is the beauty of it all. The knowing that we exist for a tiny blip in the timeline of the universe. Knowing that even though in the grand (I mean really really grand) scheme of things, it doesn't matter if we existed or not but in our reality our existence of course means everything.
And then on top of everything, some moments seem surreal...they seem so precious that it's hard to believe that they exist at all. To me these are the most intense moments in my life. They are moments when I felt truly loved or when I was truly loving. They are moments without prejudice, of complete surrender and of complete acceptance. Some are moments of clarity or genius when everything laid out in front of you makes complete sense. And they may not necessarily be happy moments. Whatever their content or reason, for me they tend to be such passionate moments that I wonder at how we ever exist without them. They make us. They make Life.

This is a poem about moments:

Precious Moments

Precious moments
Intense moments
And moments of open arms.

Dreaming moments
Fleeting moments
And moments when we aren't

Compassionate moments
Silent moments
And moments steeped in the stark

Only moments
        Of Life
        Of reflection and redemption
        Of hearts
        Bruised and golden
Our moments 
Blue and raw
In moments 
We truly dissolve.

--Megha (23rd Sept '12)

No comments: