Tuesday, January 22, 2008


  • This is when I fought with myself. I don't know much about love. And in May of 2006..I was probably absolutely puzzled by it. It pulled me in one direction when I wanted to go in another equally important direction. The dance in the end at that point was a wish to be free of this tug-o-war and to go in the second direction that I had longed for all my life. In hind sight, I believe that when truth cuts the tether that I will not struggle between the two things, instead I will see them as one and it will be like a delicate dance of the two. Here's my fight and dance.

    Dance

    Love is for the strong hearted and feeble minded.
    And as my heart takes flight,
    This miserable mind stays strong.

    I cry
    because I pity myself.
    Not because I see
    that love is better but because
    I must.

    Not because I believe
    That I should be happy
    to Live, but because
    I must.

    I cry,

    Trapped in the conventionality of
    Life
    I’m expected to
    Live.

    I cry
    Trapped but actually free
    I can pack my follies
    and walk out with nothing.
    Cry
    because I know I will not
    …….not yet…not yet
    I’m still bound

    With each passing day
    I entangle myself even more.
    Some day
    Truth
    Will cut this tether.
    It will pull the strings
    Of my heart
    And I will dance with abandon.

    -------Megha (05/20/06)

  • No comments: